Well, I can’t believe it but my son Kade is one year old today. WOW, this first year flew by so fast (well at least the last 5 months) the first 7 months were some of the longest months of my life. For starters go read the blog below and that will help you grasp some of the idea. Kym went back to work soon after Kade was born and I couldn’t find any work so I got the awesome privilege of being a stay at home dad. I wouldn’t trade that for anything…I say that now, a few months ago I was ready to pull my beard out I was so stressed! Here is a funny blog I went back and read today that will let you know just what my day was like a year ago…
I love this little dude so much, He is amazing. I pray that He will see Jesus in me as he continues to grow and discovery who God has made him to be. I’m stoked to watch him grow..VERY SLOWLY!
As I think back over this past year and just the changes he has made I’ve come up with a few things I’ve learned in my first year of parenthood.
- There is no snooze button on Him.
- “Stinky” and “Booger” are terms of endearment.
- A dirty diaper smells bad. Baby formula smells worse.
- The remote control is just an overly expensive teething ring.
- He don’t stay little. Neither does his poop.
- Dangly Earrings + Holding Baby Near Dangly Earrings = Very Bad Idea
- Crawling is his first step to independence. It’s also the end of Ours.
- “Don’t touch that” loosely translates in to “Touch it right now—and more often.”
- Everything is a phone. Phones are phones. Shoes are phones.
- Drool can be annoying. It can also be used to seal envelopes.Gyms don’t build muscle; 20lb babies in 25lb car seats do.
You can never take too many photos or videos.
- It takes a great deal of restraint not to body slam people who pluralize non-pluralizable words. (e.g., “Did you go pees?,” “Is it time for sleepies?” “Are you dumbs?”)
- Ear infections come and go, then doctor bills come and money goes.
- Standing isn’t a skill, it’s just a way to knock things off the coffee table.
- “America’s Funniest Home Videos” is dead wrong—getting kicked in the crotch by him is not funny.puke in your mouth will happen if you throw him up in the air and then get in his face.
- Don’t let him puke in your mouth.
- Seriously, it sucks.There is nothing to fear but fear itself … and sharp objects.
- A little poop on your hand never hurt anybody.
- The universe doesn’t revolve around you; It revolves around Dora the Explorer and Bob the Builder. (Note: If the two had a love child, would she be a Rita the Realtor?)Kadens laughter cures everything.
Happy First Birthday Kaden.