Blog from www.perrynoble.com
One of the things I always hear in regards to leadership is that we should always desire to “go to the next level!” However, there are several things that will hold us back from doing this. Reality is that you and I cannot go to the next level if…
- You absolutely are in love with the way things are
- You are increasingly obsessed with the people who hate and criticize you the most. (Here are 7 difference between a coach and a critic, PART ONE& PART TWO & PART THREE)
- You are not hungry for wisdom. (Proverbs 4:5-7)
- You are not willing to make uncomfortable decisions. (Galatians 1:10)
- You are a people pleaser. (Proverbs 29:25)
- You are not willing to accept responsibility for where you are right now. (The person who always has to blame is always lame!)
- You are not willing to speak the truth in love. (Ephesians 4:25)
- You are using people rather than valuing them.
- You are more in love with comfort than carrying your cross. (Luke 9:23)
- You never allow yourself to be exposed to new ideas and methods. (Isaiah 42:9, Isaiah 43:19, Isaiah 48:6)
- You take shortcuts (see Exodus 13:17-18)
- You expect people to read your mind and then hold them accountable for things you never actually said but rather just assumed they knew. (Great leaders will leave you if you do this.)
- You do not hold people accountable to what they have said they will do.
- You are always looking for a fight instead of a solution. (II timothy 2:23)
- You are not begging God to reveal more of Himself to you.